Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 4- My First Hydrotherapy Experience


For week 4 I decided to try the new hydrotherapy beds at my gym:



I've seen these before at places like airports, but had never gotten around to trying one out. Turns out they're pretty neat! It feels kind of like a full body vibrator and builds in intensity as it rolls up the back of your body. It feels like a bunch of hot tub jets, but with much more pressure (I didnt even get past level 7 of pressure) and the hot jets start at your feet and roll up to your head, shaking you up to whole way. At your legs it feels like it's tickling you and by the time it gets to your head it's much more intense and it sounds like the ocean is about to engulf you. Then it goes slowly back down your body and then back up, etc. It definitely wakes up your chakras and breaks up any stagnant energy. You get to play with the controls on the screen. There were entertainment options, but I felt like the actual table was entertaining enough so I didn't use them:



I did an amazing spiritual workshop last weekend where as part of our "assignment," we were asked to stay in our bodies as much as possible from now on. To do this, we were instructed to use our 5 senses as much as possible all the time, which brings you into your body. So throughout the whole week I'd been focusing on things like tasting the air, feeling my clothes on my body, feeling light touching my skin, hearing background noises, etc. And wow, I've found that for someone who really LOVES her physical body, I really love to leave it a lot and actually felt some initial discomfort with being SO in my body. I was also blown by how strong your senses get after just a few days of focusing on really using them. SO by the time I got on this machine with my newly honed and sensitive senses I was like, "WHOA!!!!!"

I loved it and I'll be doing it a few times a week from now on. But after my workouts because I have no idea how I managed an hour of cardio after the relaxation this machine induced! So this week's fun first was another success.

Aside from my main fun first, I tried another restaurant. I have a friend who owns a restaurant called Cafe Entourage in Hollywood and he always tells me to come check it out and have a nice meal. I finally got around to it. Turns out it's popular and very nice. I ended up going back with a friend the same week after trying it out for the first time. Prettiness:




And his daughter is a vegetarian so they have some DELICIOUS vegetarian options like the amazing Spring Salad:

I tend to love salads that mix greens with berries, so I was very happy. And the hummus and guacamole were also yummy:



The veggie pizza is delicious too, but it was pretty busy at that moment so I didn't want to take a picture of it. I really enjoyed my meal though. And don't meals always taste extra better when they're free? I think it's the extra feelings of gratitude that get mixed into the pallette and just enhances all your senses and experiences.

Well, that's the first 4 weeks of the year!!!! Next up: February!

No comments:

Post a Comment