Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 2- My First Youtube Video


I'm a day late on Week #2 because yesterday got a little hectic. I actually have Week 2 and 3 ready to go but I'll keep them separate.

During Week #2 my brother decided we should start making informational youtube videos for our law firm and wanted me to do it. That's way out comfort zone because I've learned in the past that for some reason I don't like being on tv at all. And I know that being Cuban, I speak fast and that I say "Um" a lot and am just very authentic and laid back. But because I was doing this 52 Weeks of Firsts, I said okay.

So we shot our first Youtube video in my office. One in English and one in Spanish. It was a lot of information so we couldn't do it multiple times or it would have taken all day so I just surrendered it and trusted that it was okay and what it needed to be.

Our phone has not stopped blowing up since we posted the videos. :-) We're now getting clients calling in from New York, Canada, Oregon, etc. So it was a SUPER busy week at work and I ended up having to work most of Saturday.

So this week's first, my first youtube video, turned out to be really great for business. It was an excellent example of stepping out of your comfort zone and expanding. I'm NOT going to post it because I'm still pretty shy and uncomfortable about it, but now we've also made a second set of Spanish/English videos. :-)

That was my main first this week. Additional firsts were:

1)I went on my first ever green smoothie first date. I appreciated being asked to go drink something that I actually drink. We actually ended up eating a full dinner, but I loved the idea. I think it was also my first time on a date with someone from London.

2) I saw Chris Spencer's comedy stand up live for the first time. I know, I'm super late. But it was hilarious.

3) I went to Harold & Belle's Creole Restaurant for the first time. Again, I know. I'm late. But the veggie gumbo was DELICIOUS.

And that was week 2. No pictures on this simple one, but I will have some for Week 3!

2 comments: